11 April, 2011

My marital status in UK

Taking part in the census in UK is very important and it's also compulsory. You could face a fine if you don't participate or if you supply false information.

It is used to help plan and fund services for the community - services like transport, education and health.

Everyone should be included in the census - all people, households and overnight visitors, including me.

Upon filling-in on my Individual Questioner, I have noticed upon ticking on my Marital Status. The Question is "What is your legal marital or same-sex civil partnership status?" I was a little bit shocked because I came from a very conservative country and in my place we're only asking "What is my Marital Status?". In the Philippines, same-sex relationships are ostracized by the society and are not allowed to get married.

I don't want to give opinion on this matter because it is quite a big issue, just want to share what I have answer in the census.

So, go back to the question, I choose "Never married and never registered as same-sex civil partnership" as my Marital Status here in UK, it was too long usually in my Bio-data or CV's I just put only Single. Here are the options:

  • Never married and never registered as same-sex civil partnership
  • Married
  • Separated, but still legally married
  • Divorced
  • Widowed
  • In a registered same-sex civil partnership
  • Separated, but still legally in a same-sex civil partnership which is now legally dissolved
  • Surviving partner from a same-sex civil partnership


Facebook recently unveiled two new relationship status options for users that are creating quite the buzz. Users in the United States, Canada, France, Australia and the United Kingdom can share their “In a Civil Union” and “In a Domestic Partnership” personal relationship status with FB friends and family.

8 comments:

The Backpack Man said...

aw...ingana diay diha?.... mga lami jud cguro diha ang mga babae pre,....aw!

Diamond R said...

talagang kailangan ipaalam sa kanila kung ano ang ginagawa mo malay mo pagdating ng araw may ganyan na rin sa pinas.Sabagay kaya nga census.

kumusta na bro?

Nimmy said...

ang haba naman nun. pero wish ko macheck ung in a registered same-sex civil partnership. hihi

Unknown said...

a dami pla option dyan, parang dami ring questions.

isp101 said...

Ibang klase pala dyan, walang SINGLE na option? hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Walang SINGLE na option? Hmmm.. siguro kung ako, ganun rin.. it's the only one na medyo magkapareho sa SINGLE na status eh.

Iba na nga ang panahon ngayon. Noon, ang Civil status options lang eh.. SINGLE or MARRIED. Ngayon.. andami na.. haiz..

My Tasty Treasures
Ako si LEAH
Everyday Letters

Bino said...

hanep ang mga civil status dyan sa uk ah.

chingoy, the great chef wannabe said...

natawa ako sa choices hehehe :p

Post a Comment

Field of Dreams Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger