12 November, 2011

iOS 5.0.1 free update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch


Just updated my iPhone this morning into iOS 5.0.1 the latest free update of the Apple for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, both iPads, and the 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch. This is my very first time I am updating on the air using iOS 5.0.

Yes, I didn't use iTunes to connect my iPhone just to update the system. Simply, just go to Settings => General => Software Update, and tap Download and Install (see illustration below).

It says will fix the bugs affecting battery life but there are comments posted on the report about users who are still experiencing inexplicable battery drainage problems.

I haven't seen any problem at all though I've noticed that my battery usage was still the same before my update.

I still want to update my iPhone to keep up to date of the latest iOS for a better experience. Do you have other problems? Tell us in the comments.

6 comments:

cash for cell phones said...

I agree with you, it doesn't have any improvement in regards with the battery usage.

Blobber-Boy said...

sir i have just one question, 'coz a lot of my friends experience this, when they have updated to iOS 5 through itunes and all of their apps, photos, videos everything was erased. If i would update my iphone using this method, will it also erase everything?

Blobber-Boy said...

I just checked it now, it seems that I can't find the "Software Update" in General

Roy said...

It will not erase your data since you're not using itunes anymore.

second, reason that all your data was lost maybe because you sync it with other itune's pc or you simply restore its original OS.

third, you can't find Software Update when you are not on iOS 5.0

thanks!

Unknown said...

nice to know that, musta bro

Blobber-Boy said...

ngayon ko lang napansin sir roy, iOS 5.0.1 pala tinutukoy nyo hahaha now i know hehe

Post a Comment

Field of Dreams Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger